EMERYVILLE, Calif., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NovaBay ® Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT:NBY), a biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with first-in-class compounds such as its proprietary Aganocides®, today announced that Dr. Ron Najafi, Chief Executive Officer, will present at the 15th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference, held February 11-12, 2013, in New York, NY.
Dr. Najafi and Tom Paulson, Chief Financial Officer, will be available to respond to questions and to participate in one-on-one meetings with investors attending the conference.
Event BIO CEO & Investor Conference Date Monday, February 11, 2013 Time 11:30 EST Place Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Going Beyond Antibiotics NovaBay Pharmaceuticals is a biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with its two distinct categories of compounds, Aganocides® and NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser. The Company's four core business units: DermaBay, UroBay, EyeBay and MediBay, are developing treatments that tackle infections in the dermatology, urology, ophthalmology, and wound care areas. Aganocide ® Compounds NovaBay's first-in-class Aganocide compounds, led by NVC-422, are patented, topical antimicrobials with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Mimicking the mechanism of action that human white blood cells use against infections, Aganocides are not subject to bacterial or fungal resistance, which has been demonstrated in in-vitro and in-vivo studies. Having demonstrated clinical efficacy in Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, NVC-422 is suited to treat and prevent a wide range of local, non-systemic infections. NovaBay's clinical development activities are focused on three disease areas:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV