- Net sales of $3,901.3 million for the full year 2012 were up six percent from $3,677.0 million in the prior year. Excluding an unfavorable foreign exchange impact, sales increased seven percent. Constant dollar sales for the Asia/Latin America segment grew 12 percent, partially offset by a three percent decline in the North America/Europe segment.
- GAAP net earnings were $2.95 per diluted share for 2012, an increase of 19 percent compared to $2.47 per diluted share in the prior year.
- Non-GAAP (1) net earnings of $3.08 per diluted share for 2012 were up 10 percent from $2.79 per diluted share in 2011.
- Fourth quarter 2012 sales of $981.1 million were up eight percent from $911.3 million in 2011, with constant dollar sales up seven percent. Sales for the Asia/Latin America segment grew nine percent excluding a favorable foreign exchange impact, while the North America/Europe segment grew four percent.
- GAAP net earnings in the fourth quarter were $0.66 per diluted share, compared to $0.42 per diluted share in the prior year, benefiting from higher sales, the timing of pension settlement expense and a lower effective tax rate, partially offset by higher demand-generation investments.
- Non-GAAP net earnings totaled $0.72 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $0.52 per diluted share in 2011.
- The company provided full-year 2013 GAAP EPS guidance of $3.20 to $3.28. Excluding specified items, estimated at $0.02 per diluted share, the full-year 2013 non-GAAP EPS is expected to be in the range of $3.22 to $3.30.
Mead Johnson Reports Strong Fourth Quarter And Full Year Constant Dollar Sales Growth Of 7 Percent; Delivers Non-GAAP EPS Growth Of 10 Percent; Provides 2013 Guidance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts