We -- us humans -- tend to measure everything in an instant. We expect most things to happen the way they go down on television, a medium that helped create and masterfully captures short attention spans. Now, we tap a touchscreen and get what we want instantly. That's great, but it clouds our view of how things sometimes shake out in the world.
Generational trends and once-in-a-lifetime transformations do not begin and end overnight. What we're seeing in spaces such as e-commerce and social media qualify as pretty damn big.
If you see irrationality in a stock such as AMZN (or, to a lesser extent, FB), try to trade the urge for instant gratification for something closer to the sensibility of a geologist who thinks in large chunks of time, such as centuries, not years or even decades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV