- Fourth quarter 2012 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.64, tied for the second highest quarterly performance in the firm's history; fourth quarter 2012 GAAP diluted EPS of $0.50
- Fourth quarter net exchange revenues 1 reach $419 million, the highest non-GAAP net exchange revenue level of the year. On an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions) fourth quarter revenue declined by 3 percent year-over-year
- Non-transaction based revenues were 71 percent of fourth quarter net exchange revenue, tied for the highest level in NASDAQ OMX's history
- 2012 non-GAAP operating expenses of $918 million came in below previous guidance range of $922 to $935 million
- Repurchased 11.5 million shares at an average price of $23.82 for a total cost of $275 million in 2012
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012. Fourth quarter net exchange revenues were $419 million, driven by particularly strong growth in our Corporate Solutions business.
Operating expenses were $244 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $259 million in the prior year quarter. On a non-GAAP basis, fourth quarter 2012 operating expenses were $233 million, flat compared to the prior year quarter.
Fourth quarter 2012 non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.64, up $0.01 compared to the prior year quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per share in the fourth quarter of 2012 exclude $8 million of restructuring expenses, $4 million of merger and strategic expenses, $3 million in sublease reserve expenses, $2 million of special legal expenses, and a $7 million value added tax refund related to prior year periods. On a GAAP basis, net income attributable to NASDAQ OMX for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $85 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, compared with $82 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, in the prior year quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV