Under the Merger Agreement, Annaly’s tender offer will not begin until after a 45 day period during which CreXus will be able to seek alternate purchasers who would be willing to purchase control of CreXus or its assets on terms that the Special Committee determines to be more favorable to CreXus and its stockholders than those on which Annaly has agreed to purchase the CreXus shares it does not own.
The announced transaction follows a proposal Annaly made on November 9, 2012 to acquire all the CreXus shares it does not already own for $12.50 per share. The increase in the price Annaly will pay resulted from negotiations between Annaly and the Special Committee of CreXus directors.
The price of $13.00 per share in cash represents approximately a 17.1% premium both to CreXus’ last reported share price on November 9, 2012, the last trading day before Annaly’s announcement of its proposal to acquire all the CreXus shares it does not already own, and to the weighted average trading price of CreXus shares during the 30 trading days ended on November 9, 2012. The $13.00 price represents approximately a 9% premium to CreXus’ common stock book value per share on September 30, 2012 and a 7% premium to its reported fair value per share as of that date. The merger agreement does not contain any financing condition but does contain customary conditions to the obligations to purchase the shares tendered in response to the tender offer. Annaly’s right to accept the tendered shares or to do the merger is conditioned on a majority of the shares not owned by Annaly or its affiliates being properly tendered in response to the tender offer and not withdrawn.
AdvisorsBofA Merrill Lynch is acting as financial advisor and K&L Gates LLP is acting as legal advisor to Annaly in connection with this transaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV