Residential services revenue
Residential services revenue growth for the fourth quarter and full year of 2012 was primarily driven by an increase in high-speed data revenue, partially offset by declines in video and voice revenue.
- The growth in residential high-speed data revenue was the result of growth in high-speed data subscribers and an increase in average revenue per subscriber, primarily due to price increases (including equipment rental charges) and a greater percentage of subscribers purchasing higher-priced tiers of service.
- Residential video revenue decreased driven by declines in video subscribers and transactional video-on-demand and premium network revenue, partially offset by price increases, a greater percentage of subscribers purchasing higher-priced tiers of service and increased revenue from equipment rentals.
- Residential voice revenue decreased slightly due to a decrease in average revenue per subscriber, partially offset by growth in voice subscribers.
Business services revenue
Business services revenue growth for the fourth quarter and full year of 2012 was primarily due to increases in high-speed data and voice subscribers and growth in Metro Ethernet revenue.Advertising revenue Advertising revenue increased for the fourth quarter and full year of 2012 primarily as a result of increases in political advertising, revenue from advertising inventory sold on behalf of other video distributors and the advertising sold on the Company’s two Los Angeles regional sports networks, which were launched on October 1, 2012 and carry Los Angeles Lakers’ basketball games and other sports programming. Other revenue Other revenue increased for the fourth quarter and full year of 2012 primarily as a result of fees from distributors of the Los Angeles regional sports networks. Fourth-quarter 2012 Adjusted Operating Income before Depreciation and Amortization (“Adjusted OIBDA”) increased 5.6% from the fourth quarter of 2011 to $2.0 billion driven by revenue growth, partially offset by a 12.5% increase in operating expenses. In particular, employee costs were up 11.4% to $1.2 billion, video programming expenses grew 7.0% to $1.2 billion, marketing costs increased 18.3% to $181 million, voice costs were up 10.6% to $156 million and other operating costs increased 27.0% to $649 million. Full-year 2012 Adjusted OIBDA increased 8.3% from 2011 to $7.8 billion. The year-over-year increase in Adjusted OIBDA was driven by revenue growth, partially offset by an 8.9% increase in operating expenses. For the full year, employee costs were up 10.7% to $4.5 billion, video programming expenses grew 6.4% to $4.6 billion, voice costs were up 3.2% to $614 million and other operating costs increased 15.6% to $2.3 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV