It’s been more than 20 years since Jack Box, founder of Jack in the Box®, had a one hit wonder. While the song, Hot Mess, may have only topped the charts for two weeks in 1989, it was the inspiration for his newest burger creation -- the Hot Mess Burger. The burger features a jumbo beef patty loaded with spicy jalapeños, onion rings, and gooey pepper jack cheese, all served on Jack’s classic Sourdough bread. Just like Jack’s days with his 80’s hair band Meat Riot, the burger is fiery and awesome.
Jack in the Box Founder, Jack Box, and his 1980's hair band, Meat Riot. (Photo: Business Wire)
In the 30-second commercial, Jack is sharing the Hot Mess music video with his son, Jack Jr., momentarily reliving his glory days surrounded by music groupies. The burger buzz extends beyond the Big Game spot and Jack’s fifteen minutes of rock star fame, celebrating music with the original Hot Mess music video and audio coupons redeemable for two tacos by playing an original Hot Mess Combo song. In addition, the Hot Mess song is part of a custom-curated 80’s Power Moves station on Pandora, and in steady rotation on jukeboxes in the chain’s key markets. Limited-edition Meat Riot t-shirts are also available for purchase online at HotMessBurger.com.
The Hot Mess Burger hits restaurants January 31 st, just in time for football fans to devour with friends during one of the most highly anticipated sporting and entertainment events of the year.
“Sunday’s Big Game has always been a very social, highly food-focused media event for families and friends, which is the perfect backdrop for launching this limited-time product inspired by Jack’s 80’s music roots,” said Nick Fletcher, Divisional Vice President Marketing Communications, Jack in the Box. “Fans know Jack as the irreverent founder of Jack in the Box, but this is the first time we reveal his short-lived career as a rock star.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV