NEW YORK -- Exxon Mobil (XOM), the world's biggest oil company, is expected by analysts Friday to report fourth-quarter earnings of $2 a share on revenue of $117.25 billion.
Wall Street analysts expect Chevron (CVX) to post fourth-quarter earnings of $3.04 a share on revenue of $68.64 billion.Kinder Plays Rockefeller While Chesapeake Burns
Drugmaker Merck (MRK) is expected by analysts to post earnings of 81 cents a share in the fourth quarter on revenue of $11.48 billion.
Mattel (MAT), the toy company, is seen earning $1.15 a share by analysts in the fourth quarter on revenue of $2.29 billion.
Dell (DELL), the PC maker, is close to an agreement to sell itself to a buyout group led by founder and CEO Michael Dell and private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners, Reuters reported, citing two people familiar with the matter. A deal could possibly be announced as soon as Monday, Reuters reported. Dell, HP Bondholders Could Feel Buyout Pain
Bristol-Myers Squibb is seeking a buyer for a collection of brands in Mexico and Brazil that could fetch as much as $750 million, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV