HF Financial Corp. Stock Downgraded (HFFC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average. The net income increased by 44.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.72 million to $1.03 million.
- The gross profit margin for HF FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 78.40%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, HFFC's net profit margin of 8.01% significantly trails the industry average.
- HF FINANCIAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HF FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.74 versus $0.10 in the prior year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market, HF FINANCIAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts