THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, January 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Board of Royal Dutch Shell plc ("RDS") (NYSE: RDS.A) (NYSE: RDS.B) today announced an interim dividend in respect of the fourth quarter 2012 of US$0.43 per A ordinary share ("A Share") and B ordinary share ("B Share"), an increase of US$ 0.01on the equivalent US dollar dividend for the same quarter last year.
The Board expects that the first quarter 2013 interim dividend will be US$0.45, an increase of 4.7% over the US dollar dividend for the same quarter in the previous year. The first quarter 2013 interim dividend is scheduled to be announced on May 2, 2013.
RDS provides eligible shareholders with a choice to receive dividends in cash or in shares via a Scrip Dividend Programme ("the Programme"). For further details please see below.Details relating to the fourth quarter 2012 interim dividend It is expected that cash dividends on the B Shares will be paid via the Dividend Access Mechanism from UK-sourced income of the Shell Group.
Per ordinary share Q4 2012 RDS A Shares (US$) 0.43 RDS B Shares (US$) 0.43Cash dividends on A Shares will be paid, by default, in euro, although holders of A Shares will be able to elect to receive dividends in pounds sterling. Cash dividends on B Shares will be paid, by default, in pounds sterling, although holders of B Shares will be able to elect to receive dividends in euro. The pounds sterling and euro equivalent dividend payments will be announced on March 8, 2013.
Per ADS Q4 2012 RDS A ADSs (US$) 0.86 RDS B ADSs (US$) 0.86Cash dividends on American Depositary Shares ("ADSs") will be paid, by default, in US dollars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV