CAIR: Security Boosted For Texas Muslim Event Following Online Threats
CAIR- Texas also received a hate call today.
"We have asked state and federal law enforcement authorities to ensure that Texas Muslims may participate in political activities without fear of attack or intimidation, and they have agreed to boost security for Muslim Capitol Day participants," said Mustafaa Carroll, executive director of CAIR- Texas's Houston chapter. "We appreciate their swift and professional response to the apparent threats."
Carroll noted that in 2011, CAIR called on the FBI to investigate threats of violence targeting mosques posted on Bare Naked Islam. Articles and comments posted on the hate blog urged attacks on and desecration of American and European mosques.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV