CALGARY, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Gran Tierra Energy Inc. ("Gran Tierra Energy") (NYSE MKT: GTE, TSX: GTE), a company focused on oil exploration and production in South America, clarifies reports of a security incident in Colombia.
Gran Tierra Energy confirms that three employees of contractors providing services to Gran Tierra Energy have been illegally detained by unknown individuals in the Putumayo Basin, Colombia. No employees of Gran Tierra Energy were involved in the incident.
Relevant authorities have been advised and are managing the situation. Gran Tierra Energy looks forward to the safe and secure release of the contractors.About Gran Tierra Energy Inc. Gran Tierra Energy is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, headquartered in Calgary, Canada, incorporated in the United States, trading on the NYSE MKT (GTE) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (GTE), and operating in South America. Gran Tierra Energy holds interests in producing and prospective properties in Colombia, Argentina, Peru, and Brazil. Gran Tierra Energy has a strategy that focuses on establishing a portfolio of producing properties, plus production enhancement and exploration opportunities to provide a base for future growth. Gran Tierra Energy's Securities and Exchange Commission filings are available on a web site maintained by the Securities and Exchange Commission at http://www.sec.gov and on SEDAR at http://www.sedar.com. SOURCE Gran Tierra Energy Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV