DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions and audio enhancement technologies today announced that it has expanded its relationship with Panasonic Corporation to integrate DTS decoding capability within the company’s new ZT60, VT60, ST60, S60, X60 series PDP TVs and WT60, DT60, ET60, E60, EM60 series LCD TVs in North America. This marks the first time that Panasonic has offered DTS 2.0+Digital Out™ in televisions targeting the North American market, which provides Panasonic’s customers high-performance DTS sound to compliment the stunning visual capabilities of their TVs.
“We are pleased to be expanding our relationship with Panasonic to enhance the audio capabilities of its TVs in North America,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president and chief operating officer at DTS. “By adopting DTS decoding capabilities within its TVs, Panasonic is ensuring that its TV customers will immediately enjoy a well rounded, high-quality entertainment experience right out of the box.”
By incorporating DTS 2.0+Digital Out, Panasonic’s TVs will be able to take advantage of DTS encoded content and play high-definition audio directly from the TV’s built-in audio system. DTS 2.0+Digital Out also allows the TV to digitally pass a DTS encoded audio feed to any connected audio system, such as an AV receiver or soundbar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV