In January 2013, the Company sold a 50 percent interest in a mezzanine loan secured by a New York City office property at 97 percent of par value, generating $57.8 million of proceeds to the Company, inclusive of $12.9 million of income.
Financing and Capital Activity
In November 2012, the Company closed on a new $1.6 billion credit facility, which refinanced, extended and upsized the Company’s previous $1.5 billion revolving credit facility that was put in place in November 2011. The new facility consists of a $1.2 billion revolving line of credit and a $400 million term loan, which currently bear interest at 145 basis points over LIBOR and 165 basis points over LIBOR, respectively. The facility now has an extended maturity date of March 2018, inclusive of the Company’s aggregate one-year as of right extension option on the revolving line of credit.
In November 2012, the Company closed an offering of $200.0 million aggregate principal amount of 4.50 percent senior notes due December 1, 2022. This offering generated $198.2 million in net proceeds for the Company.In December 2012, the Company repurchased $22,680,000 of Reckson’s outstanding 5.875 percent notes due 2014 and $19,692,000 of Reckson’s outstanding 6.00 percent notes due 2016, pursuant to a tender offer, resulting in a charge of $3.9 million in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter, the Company also added 673 First Avenue, 110 East 42 nd Street and 609 Fifth Avenue to the unencumbered asset pool, resulting in a charge of $3.1 million in the fourth quarter. Dividends During the fourth quarter of 2012, the Company declared quarterly dividends on its outstanding common and preferred stock as follows:
- $0.33 per share of common stock, which was paid on January 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on the close of business on January 2, 2013;
- $0.4766 per share on the Company's Series C Preferred Stock for the period October 15, 2012 through and including January 14, 2013, which was paid on January 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on the close of business on January 2, 2013, and reflects the regular quarterly dividend which is the equivalent of annualized dividend of $1.9064 per share; and
- $0.40625 per share on the Company's Series I Preferred Stock for the period October 15, 2012 through and including January 14, 2013, which was paid on January 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on the close of business on January 2, 2013, and reflects the regular quarterly dividend which is the equivalent of annualized dividend of $1.625 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV