By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 44 points, or 0.3 percent, to close at 13,910.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 fell 6 points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,501.96. The Nasdaq composite fell 11 points to 3,142.31.
Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, gained 54 cents to end at $114.90 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Oil rose 37 cents to finish at $97.94 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.Wholesale gasoline rose 6 cents to $3.03 per gallon. Natural gas rose 8 cents to $3.34 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil was up about a penny at $3.12 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV