Confirmation.com Brings Real World Audit Training Into The Classroom With A New Case Study And A Simulated Audit Technology
BRENTWOOD, Tenn., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- College and university accounting instructors now have a new set of teaching tools to better prepare future CPAs for the demands of tomorrow's audit environment, especially as it relates to detecting financial fraud. Confirmation.com, the creator and the world's leading provider of secure audit confirmation services, worked with Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts and Fordham University in Bronx, New York to develop case study materials that bring real-world auditing applications into the classroom.
"In recent years, there has been a noticeable shift of incorporating more case study materials and simulated programs into college curriculum because it can increase the students' interest and motivation to actively learn a particular subject," said Chris Schellhorn, CEO of Confirmation.com. "We are thrilled to bring this type of interactive learning activity into the auditing classroom, and the Simply Soups edu.Confirmation.com case study allows students to actually apply what they are learning in their audit classes."
As part of the case study titled Simply Soups Inc.: A Teaching Case Designed to Integrate the Electronic Confirmation Process into the Auditing Curriculum, Confirmation.com also created edu.Confirmation.com which functions as a simulated audit for educational purposes to help accounting and auditing students understand the beneficial role technology has in today's audit practice.
"We all know that technology innovation is the catalyst for continued improvements within the accounting profession and for the auditing standards as well," said Brian Fox, CPA and founder of Confirmation.com. "It only makes sense to bring these experiences into the classroom, so that accounting and auditing students are truly ready for the real world."For professors and instructors, the edu.Confirmation.com case study provides:
- Flexible course levels: The case study is flexible enough to be used in a 1 st year undergraduate Auditing course, a 1 st year graduate Auditing course, or even in an Advanced Auditing course.
- Two complete sets of in-class PowerPoint presentations with instructor notes: The first set introduces the case study to the students and the second set wraps up the assignment, presents the solutions and discusses the learning objectives.
- Instructor Guide: Walks instructors through the case study, the intended learning points, and the solutions.
- The risks and rewards of using an electronic confirmation platform;
- How an electronic confirmation service improves the ability to detect fraud;
- How to use Confirmation.com, the market leading technology that they will likely use in their first year as an auditing professional.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV