- Production 20% higher than prior quarter on hurricane recovery
- Successful SP49 workover adds 15 MMcf/d of production
- Additional working interest in Bayou Carlin field adds 2,000 BOE/d and upside
- Third horizontal well at West Delta delivers initial production of 1,700 BOE/d
HOUSTON, Jan. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Energy XXI (Nasdaq:EXXI) (LSE:EXXI) today announced fiscal second-quarter results and provided an operations update on activities in the Gulf of Mexico.
For the 2013 fiscal second quarter, Energy XXI reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, depletion and amortization (EBITDA) of $198.8 million, compared with $225.6 million in the 2012 fiscal second quarter. Net income available for common stockholders for the 2013 fiscal second quarter was $38.5 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, on revenues of $321 million, compared with fiscal 2012 second-quarter net income available for common stockholders of $93.4 million, or $1.11 per diluted share, on revenue of $341 million.
Production for the 2013 fiscal second quarter averaged 44,600 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOE/d), compared with 42,700 BOE/d in the 2012 fiscal second quarter, and compared with 37,300 BOE/d in the 2013 fiscal first quarter, which was impacted by Hurricane Isaac. Oil volumes for the 2013 fiscal second quarter averaged 29,400 barrels per day (Bbl/d). Current production approximates 47,000 BOE/d, with another 5,000 BOE/d temporarily offline due to various downtime issues, bringing total capacity to approximately 52,000 BOE/d."Good operating margins driven by our oil-focused development program have established a solid base going into the second half of our fiscal year," Energy XXI Chairman and CEO John Schiller said. "We continue the horizontal drilling program, complemented by key exploration projects, focused on growing reserves and production simultaneously."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV