NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --iStar Financial Inc. (NYSE: SFI) announced today that it is launching a refinancing of its $1.82 billion senior secured credit facility. The current outstanding amount of the facility is approximately $1.71 billion as a result of approximately $108 million of repayments on the underlying collateral. Under the proposed refinancing, all of the terms of the existing credit facility would remain the same, except that the pricing terms would be changed to reflect more favorable current market pricing and the call protection period for lenders would be extended from October 15, 2013 to December 31, 2013. In connection with the refinancing, the Company would pay lenders a prepayment fee of 1.0% of the outstanding facility amount. The proposed refinancing is subject to market conditions, and there can be no assurance that it will be completed.
J.P. Morgan is acting as Lead Left Bookrunner and J.P. Morgan, Barclays and BofA Merrill Lynch are serving as Joint Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners.
* * *iStar Financial Inc. (NYSE: SFI) is a fully-integrated finance and investment company focused on the commercial real estate industry. The Company provides custom-tailored investment capital to high-end private and corporate owners of real estate and invests directly across a range of real estate sectors. The Company, which is taxed as a real estate investment trust ("REIT"), has invested more than $35 billion over the past two decades. Additional information on iStar Financial is available on the Company's website at www.istarfinancial.com. SOURCE iStar Financial Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts