MORRISTOWN, N.J., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is preparing for the possible impact of high winds predicted to hit parts of its northern and central New Jersey service territory beginning tonight and continuing through Thursday.
As a result of the weather forecasts, which include the possibility of sustained winds in excess of 50 mph, JCP&L has implemented the company's storm preparation process, including staffing additional dispatchers and analysts at the regional dispatch office, and bringing in additional line, substation and forestry personnel. In addition, contractors have been notified they could be required to assist with storm restoration efforts over the next several days.
Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage. In the event of severe weather, customers should immediately report downed wires to JCP&L or their local police or fire department. Customers should never go near a downed power line, even if they think it is no longer carrying electricity.For updated information on the company's current outages, FirstEnergy's storm restoration process and tips for staying safe, visit the 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages. JCP&L customers can find the latest information on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL or on Twitter @JCP_L. JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV