SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (Nasdaq:AMCC) ("AppliedMicro" or the "Company") today reported its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013, ended December 31, 2012.
- Q3 FY2013 net revenues were $51.7 million, up approximately 12% sequentially and down approximately 8% year over year.
- Q3 FY2013 non-GAAP EPS was $(0.10) per share on net loss of $6.9 million, compared to $(0.16) per share on a net loss of $10.5 million, for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Q3 FY2013 GAAP net loss was $71.6 million or $(1.08) per share compared to net loss of $21.6 million or $(0.33) per share for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Total cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments was approximately $84 million as of December 31, 2012 compared to $90 million as of September 30, 2012.
- During the quarter, the Company taped out its ARM 64-bit X-Gene processor chip in 40nm. In mid-January 2013, the Company also taped-out a 28nm test chip version of the X-Gene chip which incorporated several other features in addition to the geometry shrink.
- The performance simulations of AppliedMicro's ARM 64-Bit X-Gene processor have significantly exceeded the Company's expectations and resulted in an increase in the range of its estimated milestone-based payments under the Veloce merger agreement. The purchase price is now estimated to be in the range of $117 to $178.5 million, depending upon the achievement of multiple product development cycles and technical performance results.
Net revenues for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 were $51.7 million compared to $46.3 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, representing a sequential quarterly increase of 11.6% and a decrease of 8.3% over the $56.3 million in net revenues reported in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Net revenues for the first nine months of fiscal 2013 were $139.3 million, compared to $182.1 million for the same period last year, representing a decrease of 23.5%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts