For the third quarter ending Mar. 29, 2013, the company is providing the following guidance:
- Revenue for the third fiscal quarter is expected to be $200 million to $230 million and is expected to include up to $50 million of low-margin deals previously discussed in our earnings call reporting financial results for our first quarter fiscal 2013.
- Over the second half of its fiscal year ending June 2013, the company continues to expect total revenues of $400 million to $420 million, including the final $50 million of the low-margin deals.
- GAAP net loss per share for the third fiscal quarter is expected to be ($0.12) to ($0.06).
- Non-GAAP net income per share for the third fiscal quarter is expected to be $0.12 to $0.18 and is expected to exclude approximately $8 million of restructuring and severance charges, stock-based compensation expense, and intangibles amortization.
A live webcast of the earnings conference call will be available on the Investor Relations section of SGI's website at investors.sgi.com. The public can also listen to the earnings conference call at 2:00 p.m. PT (5:00 p.m. ET) by dialing (888) 463-5422 (toll-free) or (970) 315-0484 (international).
A replay of the webcast will be available approximately two hours after the conclusion of the call and will remain available until the next earnings call. An audio replay of the conference call will also be made available approximately two hours after the conclusion of the call. The audio replay will remain available for five days and can be accessed by dialing (855) 859-2056 (toll-free) or (404) 537-3406 (international) and entering the confirmation code: 86586511.
About SGISGI, the trusted leader in technical computing, is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding business and technology challenges. Visit sgi.com for more information. The Silicon Graphics, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14848 Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Statements The statements made in this press release regarding projected financial results, financial objectives, and strategic plans, including SGI's Q3 FY13 financial guidance and certain statements made in the earnings conference call, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results could differ materially from those described by these statements due to a number of uncertainties, including, but not limited to:
- Fluctuations in the buying patterns and sizes of customer orders from one quarter to the next;
- Increased competition causing SGI to sell products or services at lower margins than expected;
- Lengthy acceptance cycles of SGI's products by certain customers, development or product delivery delays, and delays in obtaining necessary components from suppliers, contractual provisions or other reasons;
- The addition of new customers or loss of existing customers;
- Customer concentration risks;
- Substantial sales to U.S. government entities, which are subject to the government's budgetary constraints;
- Write-off of excess and obsolete inventory;
- Unexpected changes in the price for, and the availability of, components from SGI's suppliers;
- SGI's ability to enhance its products with new and better designs and functionality;
- Actions taken by competitors, such as new product announcements or introductions or changes in pricing; and
- Market acceptance of newer products.