Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012.
“Despite a challenging quarter, we were able to deliver non-GAAP EPS at the high end of our guidance range,” said Chief Executive Officer John Riccitiello. “We are investing for the future wave of growth that we foresee in digital and console.”
“We delivered on non-GAAP EPS by driving high-margin digital revenue and through disciplined expense management,” said Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen.
“EA had six of the top twenty titles in Western markets in 2012, compared to four in 2011,” said Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore. “EA was also the #1 publisher on iOS worldwide for the year.”Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics: *On a non-GAAP basis
- FIFA 13 sold through over 12 million units through the third quarter, a 23% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- FIFA 13 digital net revenue topped $100 million* in the quarter, a 98% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- Total FIFA digital net revenue generated over $230 million* in the first three quarters of fiscal 13, including EA SPORTS FIFA Online 2 and FIFA World Class Soccer that together contributed over $60 million*.
- Battlefield 3™ Premium generated over $108 million in sales through the third quarter, and has 2.9 million subscriptions to date.
- EA had six of the top twenty titles in Western World retail markets in 2012, compared to four in 2011, and was the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for 2012.
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out was a top grossing iOS game for the quarter, generating over $23 million* in digital net revenue.
- EA’s games and services for mobile, including handhelds, have generated approximately $100 million* in the quarter, an 18%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.
- EA’s Origin™ platform for downloading digital games and services has registered over 39 million users, including 17 million mobile users. EA has signed agreements with 86 independent developers for Origin.
- Trailing twelve-month non-GAAP digital net revenue was up 37% to a record $1.5 billion*.
- Trailing twelve-month operating cash flow was $378 million, a $135 million improvement versus the prior year.
- EA repurchased 12.2 million shares at a cost of $157 million in the third fiscal quarter, pursuant to a $500 million Share Repurchase Program announced on July 31, 2012, bringing the total shares repurchased under the current program to 20.6 million shares at a total cost of $265 million.
- Dead Space™ 3 pre-sells are outpacing Dead Space 2, and Crysis® 3 pre-orders are tracking 40% ahead of Crysis 2.
|(in millions of $, except per share amounts)||QuarterEnded12/31/12||QuarterEnded12/31/11|
|Digital Net Revenue||$||321||$||274|
|Publishing Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||568||738|
|Distribution Packaged Goods Net Revenue||33||49|
|GAAP Total Net Revenue||$||922||$||1,061|
|Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue||$||407||$||377|
|Non-GAAP Publishing Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||742||1,225|
|Non-GAAP Distribution Packaged Goods Net Revenue||33||49|
|Non-GAAP Total Net Revenue||$||1,182||$||1,651|
|GAAP Net Loss||$||(45||)||$||(205||)|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||176||334|
|GAAP Diluted Loss Per Share||(0.15||)||(0.62||)|
|Non-GAAP Diluted Earnings Per Share||0.57||0.99|
|Cash Provided by Operations||$||363||$||475|
|Trailing Twelve Month (TTM) Financial Highlights:|
|(in millions of $)||TTMEnded12/31/12||TTMEnded12/31/11|
|GAAP Net Revenue||$||3,956||$||3,865|
|GAAP Net Income (Loss)||175||(173||)|
|Non-GAAP Net Revenue||$||3,730||$||4,204|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||151||311|
|Cash Provided by Operations||$||378||$||243|
|Q3 FY13 Digital Metrics:|
|GAAP Mobile Net Revenue||$||86||$||70|
|Non-GAAP Mobile Net Revenue||$||99||$||83|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV