Virtusa Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTU), a global business consulting and IT outsourcing company that combines innovation, technology leadership and industry solutions to transform the customer experience, today reported consolidated financial results for the third quarter fiscal year 2013, ended December 31, 2012.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Consolidated Financial Results
Revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $86.5 million, an increase of 7% sequentially on both a reported and constant currency basis(1). Year-over-year revenue increased 20% on a reported basis and 19% on a constant currency basis (1).
Virtusa reported income from operations of $9.1 million or 10.6% of revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase of 23% compared to $7.4 million or 9.2% of revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013, and an increase of 39% compared to $6.6 million or 9.1% of revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.Net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $7.4 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, an increase compared to $5.8 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the second quarter of fiscal 2013, and an increase compared to $5.6 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 included ($0.2) million of foreign currency transaction losses compared to ($0.5) million of foreign currency transaction losses in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, and a gain of $0.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. The Company ended the third quarter of fiscal 2013 with $97.0 million of cash, cash equivalents, and short-term and long-term investments (2), compared to $80.0 million at September 30, 2012. Cash flow from operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $20.9 million, compared to $8.5 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV