As players, fans, and coaches arrive in New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII, one special guest of honor arrived today via FedEx. As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX) ensured the safe and on-time delivery of the Vince Lombardi Trophy to the NFL Experience Driven by GMC, marking a milestone in the festivities surrounding the big game.
“Every day, FedEx team members around the world work hard to carefully deliver millions of pieces of precious cargo for our customers,” said T. Michael Glenn, executive vice president of Market Development at FedEx. “Today, we are thrilled to play a role in commemorating this marquee sporting event with the delivery of the Vince Lombardi Trophy to New Orleans in time for Super Bowl XLVII.”
The iconic trophy, which was handcrafted by artisans at Tiffany & Company, is made of sterling silver and depicts a regulation-size football in kicking position on a pyramid-like base that features the words ‘Vince Lombardi’ and ‘Super Bowl XLVII’ with the NFL shield.
To ensure the Lombardi Trophy’s safe arrival during its 1,100 mile journey from New York to New Orleans, the NFL called upon the logistical expertise of FedEx Express, the world’s largest express transportation company. FedEx Express security and additional team members were on hand to manage transfers during every leg of the trip. Gary Hayes, a New Orleans native and FedEx Express courier for 28 years, made the final delivery to the NFL Experience.Throughout the week, fans visiting New Orleans can get up close and personal with the trophy at the NFL Experience, pro football’s interactive theme park at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. On Sunday, February 3, it will finally be awarded to either the Baltimore Ravens or the San Francisco 49ers, symbolizing a Super Bowl championship win for the 2012 NFL season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV