VANCOUVER, Wash., Jan. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Riverview Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:RVSB) ("Riverview" or the "Company") today reported it earned $1.0 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012 compared to a net loss of $16.6 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, in third quarter a year ago. In the first nine months of fiscal 2013, Riverview earned $1.0 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $15.7 million, or $0.70 per diluted share, in the same period a year ago.
"Riverview's turnaround plan is on schedule," stated Pat Sheaffer, Chairman and CEO. "We were profitable for the second consecutive quarter and have improved the overall health of the Company. Credit quality improved for the third consecutive quarter as we continue to focus on resolving problem credits and our capital ratios improved as we continued to manage our balance sheet growth. Now that profitability looks sustainable and our capital position is strengthened, we can turn our focus on responsible organic growth that supports lending in the communities we serve."
Highlights (at or for the period ended December 31, 2012)
- Net income was $1.0 million, or $0.05 per diluted share
- Net interest margin was 4.03% for the quarter and 4.19% for the nine month period
- Nonperforming loans decreased $3.4 million during the quarter to $24.7 million (12.0% decline)
- Nonperforming assets decreased $7.1 million during the quarter to $45.4 million (13.6% decline)
- Net charge-offs for the quarter decreased 61.9% to $507,000 compared to $1.3 million for the preceding quarter
- Core deposits were very strong and make up 95% of total deposits
- Capital levels continue to exceed the regulatory requirements to be categorized as "well capitalized" with a total risk-based capital ratio of 14.25% and a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 9.50%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV