MasterCard today announced the appointment of Ron Garrow as Chief Human Resources Officer and member of the company’s Executive Committee, effective April 1, 2013. Garrow’s appointment comes as Stephanie Voquer has announced her retirement.
Garrow, 49, joined MasterCard in March 2010, reporting to Voquer, as Group Head, Global Talent Acquisition Management and Development. In 2011, Garrow was named Group Executive of Global Human Resources Plans and Programs, which included oversight of Rewards, Workforce Programs, Employee Relations and Human Resources Services and Solutions.
Prior to MasterCard, Garrow held various Human Resources leadership positions at Bank of America over a six-year period, culminating in the position of Chief Learning Officer. He also spent 19 years at Wachovia in various Human Resources roles focused on training, leadership and executive development.
Voquer, 61, retires April 1, 2013, after eight years with the company. She will be returning to France, where she lived and worked much of her career. Voquer joined MasterCard Europe in February 2005 in Waterloo, Belgium, as the Regional Head of Human Resources, Europe. She moved to MasterCard’s headquarters in Purchase, New York, in 2007 to lead Human Resources’ Strategy and Operations. Voquer became MasterCard’s first Chief Human Resources Officer and a member of the Executive Committee in 2008. During her tenure, Voquer was instrumental in leading the transformation of the Global Human Resources organization.Prior to MasterCard, Voquer worked in the telecom and IT sectors as Director, Human Resources for Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) with Avaya Communications, Belgium, and Director, Human Resources Operations, Global Services, with IBM (EMEA) in Paris, France.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV