With respect to sales growth, A.M. Best expects Unum to continue to face the headwinds of a sluggish U.S. economy and elevated unemployment. Also, the extended period of low interest rates may pressure operating earnings through lower new money yields and inforce product pricing assumptions.A.M. Best believes that Unum’s ratings are well positioned at their current levels in the near to medium term. Factors that could lead to negative rating actions include sizable statutory reserve charges, sustained periods of higher than expected claims incidence, duration or severity; or a considerable decline in operating performance or risk-adjusted capitalization relative to A.M. Best’s expectations.
- Unum Life Insurance Company of America
- Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company
- The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company
- Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company
- First Unum Life Insurance Company
- Provident Life and Casualty Insurance Company