Pop Star Celine Dion Set To Sing At The 2013 CCTV Spring Festival Gala
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- World famous songstress Celine Dion will sing at the 2013 CCTV Spring Festival Gala. It's the first time an internationally known star has been invited to the event.
CCTV Spring Festival Gala is known to virtually every Chinese person across the globe. It is held every year to celebrate the Chinese Lunar New year and is broadcast live to the world on the Lunar New Year's Eve. It debuted 30 years ago in 1983 and has now become part of modern China's culture and tradition.
The gala pioneered putting Chinese performing artists on the TV screen. It revolutionized Chinese television. Different types of performances like singing, acrobatics, magic, cross talk, and opera are all given their chance to shine. To perform at the gala is seen as the pinnacle of a performer's career. Every year, numerous artists across the country audition for a slot at the gala. The gala's incredible popularity makes it possible for a nobody to transform into a national star overnight.
The gala has made some world records: It has the world's highest audience numbers of its kind, reaching more than one billion (1,000,000,000.) viewers. It's the world's longest gala, broadcast live for 4 and a half hours. It has the largest number of artists: over 1000. In April, 2012, during the MIPTV Media Market in
France, CCTV Spring Festival Gala was granted a Guinness World Record Certificate for being the gala watched by the largest number of people.
Celine Dion is a world famous French and English language pop singer. She has a vast range of fans and enjoys a worldwide reputation. Her albums have sold more than 220 million copies. In 1997, with the huge success of the film Titanic, Dion's song My Heart Will Go On became a hit all over the world, and she came to be a household name in China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV