Free File Alliance Partners With IRS To Kickoff 11th Year Of Free Online Tax Services
WASHINGTON, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Free File Alliance, a nonprofit coalition of industry-leading tax software companies partnered with the Internal Revenue Service, today announced the launch of the 2013 Free File program. Since its inception in 2003, Free File has offered free online commercial tax preparation software for 70 percent of taxpayers. This year, taxpayers with a 2012 Adjusted Gross Income of $57,000 or less – about 100 million Americans – may visit www.IRS.gov/freefile to prepare, complete and e-file their federal tax returns at no cost.
In addition to offering comprehensive tax services for 70 percent of taxpayers, Free File also offers basic federal e-filing services with no income limitations. This basic e-filing service, called Free File Fillable Forms, allows taxpayers who are familiar with tax law and need no preparation assistance to complete and file their federal income tax electronically. There are no income limitations to use Free File Fillable Forms.
"Free File is the one-stop shop for 70 percent of taxpayers to prepare and e-file their federal tax returns," said Tim Hugo, executive director of the Free File Alliance. "The service is unique because it gives taxpayers access to 15 different tax software offerings so they can choose the one that works best for their tax situation. With Free File, the industry's top software is all in one place, and it's all free."
Hugo continued, "The Free File Alliance is committed to making e-filing fast, safe and free for 100 million taxpayers. Free File provides step-by-step assistance to take the guesswork out of doing your taxes. We invite eligible taxpayers to visit IRS.gov/freefile and join the 36 million Americans who have already used this program during the last 10 years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV