Shares of SunTrust of Atlanta closed at $28.89 Tuesday and have returned 2% year-to-date, following a 62% return during 2012. The shares had fallen by 40% during 2011. Putting that all together, the shares are down 1% since the end of 2010.
The shares trade for 1.2 times tangible book value, and for 9.8 times the consensus 2014 earnings estimate of $2.94 a share. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.68.
Juneja's price target for SunTrust is $32.50, and he is ahead of the consensus, estimating the company will earn $2.78 this year, with earnings increasing to $3.10 a share in 2014.
Please see TheStreet's earnings coverage for a detailed look at the company's fourth-quarter results, which included a significant decline in expenses.Juneja said that "SunTrust should be one of the biggest beneficiaries from housing market recovery," among the banks he covers, because the company "has had an unusually large drag from mortgage related issues on several fronts versus peers." He also said that the stock's valuation is "attractive," because "STI trades below regional peers based on tangible book multiple." With SunTrust focused on becoming more efficient as it continues to work through problem credits in its home market, Juneja said that "acquisition risk is likely to be less than peers." STI data by YCharts
Interested in more on SunTrust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV