Congressman Fattah Announces $2.7 Million In Research Grants For Young Scientists In Philadelphia's University City
WASHINGTON, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA-02), the leading Democratic Appropriator for scientific research and the National Science Foundation, announces that the Foundation has made six awards totaling $2,741,458 to young scientists at Drexel University and the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia's University City academic-research district.
The grants – five to Drexel and one for Penn – were made under the NSF's Faculty Early Career Development program, known as CAREER. This program supports junior faculty, especially women and under-represented minorities, who set the standard as outstanding teacher-scholars and researchers.
The principal investigators directing the CAREER projects at Drexel are Jennifer Rode ($497,630); Rachel Greenstadt ($494,747); Andrea Forte ($491,952); M. Ani Hseih ($249,999) and Aleksandra Sarcevic ($522,955). The CAREER project award to Penn will be led by Aaron Roth ($484,175).Fattah is the Ranking Member on the House Appropriations Committee's Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science and related agencies, which includes funding oversight for the National Science Foundation. For more information on individual projects via the NSF Award Abstracts database, link to http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/. SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV