DerbyJackpot Unveils First Social, Online Horse Racing Game With Real Money Betting
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DerbyJackpot today opened the doors to real money social games allowing people to bet on live horse races, the only legal way to gamble online in the United States. Eligible players* can join www.DerbyJackpot.com to bet real cash, socialize with other players and watch a live video feed of every horse race they place a bet on. Bets start at just ten cents, and players can pick their favorites from the horses' names, numbers, colors and odds.
"Horse racing is the only legal way to gamble online in the United States, and we are proud to introduce America's first real money social game," said Tom Hessert, DerbyJackpot co-founder and CEO. "With DerbyJackpot, people can join to have an awesome time with their friends playing online, with hundreds of chances to win real money every day."
DerbyJackpot allows players to bet on horse races from over 100 tracks across the United States, with most races occurring from noon to midnight (Eastern Standard Time). Players have access to the exact same odds that are available at the tracks; their bets are pooled with all other wagers in real-time. The social, casual game is designed as a fun experience for gamers over 18 to play, regardless of their prior experience with horse racing."We have been testing the game for the past few months and have found that DerbyJackpot's biggest fans are players who never bet on horses before, but they pick it up quickly and love the game," said Walter Hessert, DerbyJackpot co-founder and Chief Product Officer. "Now that we are opening up the game for anyone to play, we're sure that more people will flock to the site, especially those who are looking for a legal way to bet online." Today, DerbyJackpot has three different ways to play:
- The Monkey Bet – bets start at one dollar, with a big payout if the player chooses the winning horse
- The Granny Bet – bets start at one dollar, and the player wins if their horse comes in first, second or third place
- The Dime Bet – for just ten cents, players win big if they match the first four horses in order.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV