Women Lead: New Research Explains How Women Are Redefining Careers In The Knowledge Economy
PHOENIX, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With women comprising half the U.S. workforce, 57 percent of household breadwinners, and 50 percent of business owners, the economic recovery depends largely on women's productivity and innovation. Now a new book by Apollo Research Institute—the research arm of Apollo Group, which owns University of Phoenix and other education providers—presents groundbreaking research to show how women are redefining career paths and helping organizations emerge stronger out of the recession.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59918-apollo-research-institute-women-lead-knowledge-economy-careers
Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders identifies the six fastest-growing sectors that offer women on-ramps to career advancement: business services, education, healthcare, information technology, nonprofits and manufacturing. It also provides extensive career advice for aspiring women leaders and those launching "encore careers" in midlife.Among the findings:
Women top the charts in key skills.
- Women outperform men on key leadership competencies, such as communicating, coaching, organizing people, thinking creatively and solving problems.
- Women also score higher than men on traits that are essential in today's collaborative work environments, such as empathy, transparency and inclusiveness.
Women and younger workers are driving new leadership models.
- Generations X and Y perceive a smaller "gender gap" among workplace leaders than Boomers do.
- Women demonstrate the career paths and leadership styles that younger generations favor.
Women are turning the career ladder into a labyrinth.
- 58 percent of women leaders describe their career paths as "nonlinear."
- 87 percent of women executives and managers shift career paths in midlife.
Continuous education is key to career development.
- 90% of jobs in high-growth industries require at least some postsecondary education.
- Managers rank education as the most important activity needed for leadership in their industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV