- Establishing a Project Management Office to monitor the hospital's turnaround and ongoing efforts to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Rebuilding the hospital's revenue cycle operations and taking decisive steps to improve collections.
- Overseeing the successful implementation of Mount Sinai's multiyear, $60 million electronic heath record system.
- Recruiting a team of professionals to work in finance, government operations and compliance, health information management, managed care operations, project management and supply chain.
- Successfully refinancing $133 million of debt in 2012, significantly reducing the medical center's debt service obligations.
- Establishing consistent and thorough financial disclosure to investors, analysts and rating agencies, which has lead to improved relationships among the hospital's key constituents and investment grade rating.
- Playing a key strategic role in Mount Sinai's expansion into Coral Gables, Hialeah and Key Biscayne.
Mount Sinai Medical Center Names Alex Mendez Executive Vice President Of Operations And Chief Financial Officer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts