7 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not)
BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Put down the 10-K filings and the stock screeners. It's time to take a break from the traditional methods of generating investment ideas. Instead, let the crowd do it for you.
From hedge funds to individual investors, scores of market participants are turning to social media to figure out which stocks are worth watching. It's a concept that's known as "crowdsourcing," and it uses the masses to identify emerging trends in the market.
Nearest Support: $19.50
Catalyst: CEO Retirement On the other side of the spectrum, Chesapeake Energy (CHK) is rallying hard following news that embattled CEO and co-founder Aubrey McClendon would be stepping down from his post on April 1. No, it's not just an early April Fool's joke. McClendon, you'll remember, was at the center of a debacle where he'd borrowed around a billion dollars against his holdings in CHK to fund personal stakes in wells used by Chesapeake. Since that came out, the tenuous relationship between McClendon and the board has been grabbing more headlines than Chesapeake's own business has.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV