Business Section: Investing Ideas
Companies mentioned are listed below. Companies in the order of benefiting most from the hardware refresh are:
1. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ( AMD): Operates as a semiconductor company in the United States, Japan, China, and Europe. Market cap at $1.95B, most recent closing price at $2.74.AMD is a risky investment, but its focus on the low-cost will prove to be beneficial for the company.
2. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $234.62B, most recent closing price at $28.01. MSFT could finally produce profits from the entertainment division, if sales are strong from the launch of the new Xbox.
3. Sony Corporation ( SNE): Designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. Market cap at $15.32B, most recent closing price at $15.14. SNE is innovating in its designs for smartphones, but a PS4 will help improve revenue.
Companies to watch are: 4. Nintendo Co., Ltd. ( NTDOY): Mainly engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of entertainment products in home entertainment field. Already released Wii U, the successor to the Wii during the holiday.
5. NVIDIA Corporation ( NVDA): Provides visual computing, high performance computing, and mobile computing solutions that generate interactive graphics on various devices ranging from tablets and smart phones to notebooks and workstations. Market cap at $7.71B, most recent closing price at $12.34. NVDA lacks a chip that would be used in the console refresh. NVDIA benefits from higher sales of Android tablets and phones. Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts