Business Section: Investing Ideas
Companies mentioned are listed below. Companies in the order of benefiting most from the hardware refresh are:
1. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ( AMD): Operates as a semiconductor company in the United States, Japan, China, and Europe. Market cap at $1.95B, most recent closing price at $2.74.AMD is a risky investment, but its focus on the low-cost will prove to be beneficial for the company.
2. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $234.62B, most recent closing price at $28.01. MSFT could finally produce profits from the entertainment division, if sales are strong from the launch of the new Xbox.
3. Sony Corporation ( SNE): Designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. Market cap at $15.32B, most recent closing price at $15.14. SNE is innovating in its designs for smartphones, but a PS4 will help improve revenue.
Companies to watch are: 4. Nintendo Co., Ltd. ( NTDOY): Mainly engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of entertainment products in home entertainment field. Already released Wii U, the successor to the Wii during the holiday.
5. NVIDIA Corporation ( NVDA): Provides visual computing, high performance computing, and mobile computing solutions that generate interactive graphics on various devices ranging from tablets and smart phones to notebooks and workstations. Market cap at $7.71B, most recent closing price at $12.34. NVDA lacks a chip that would be used in the console refresh. NVDIA benefits from higher sales of Android tablets and phones. Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV