Business Section: Investing Ideas
Companies mentioned are listed below. Companies in the order of benefiting most from the hardware refresh are:
1. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD): Operates as a semiconductor company in the United States, Japan, China, and Europe. Market cap at $1.95B, most recent closing price at $2.74.AMD is a risky investment, but its focus on the low-cost will prove to be beneficial for the company.
2. Microsoft Corporation (MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $234.62B, most recent closing price at $28.01. MSFT could finally produce profits from the entertainment division, if sales are strong from the launch of the new Xbox.
3. Sony Corporation (SNE): Designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. Market cap at $15.32B, most recent closing price at $15.14. SNE is innovating in its designs for smartphones, but a PS4 will help improve revenue.
Companies to watch are: 4. Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NTDOY): Mainly engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of entertainment products in home entertainment field. Already released Wii U, the successor to the Wii during the holiday.
5. NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): Provides visual computing, high performance computing, and mobile computing solutions that generate interactive graphics on various devices ranging from tablets and smart phones to notebooks and workstations. Market cap at $7.71B, most recent closing price at $12.34. NVDA lacks a chip that would be used in the console refresh. NVDIA benefits from higher sales of Android tablets and phones. Compare analyst ratings to annual returns for stocks mentioned:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV