Chicago Match Cup
Tall Ships Festival
- Tuesday, Aug. 6: As the Chicago Match Cup teams practice in the morning, fans are invited for a free preview day and for the afternoon event: The inaugural Chicago Sports Commission Charity Sports Challenge, in which Chicago's own sports stars will test their sailing skills (with a little help from the pro sailors), for charity.
- Wednesday – Sunday ( Aug. 7 – 11): More than 100 action-packed races between the 12 teams to determine the road to the Finals on Sunday afternoon. Special viewing areas to ensure front-row seats, live commentary; Jumbotron viewing; meet-and-greets with the professional sailors; family-friendly games, food and beverage stands, and more.
- Sunday, Aug. 11, 2 p.m.: Chicago Match Cup Finals and Award Ceremony. Live broadcast to more than 140 countries.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2 – 4 p.m.: Tall Ships arrive with the crowd-favorite Parade of Ships.
- Every day: Tall Ship on-board tours, Sail-Aways (additional cost); evening fireworks and more!
: General admission tickets are
; with additional opportunities to purchase Tall Ships cruises and on-boards, as well as Chicago Match Cup VIP viewing areas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
About Chicago Match Race Center:
The Chicago Match Race Center (CMRC) was founded to promote and grow the sport of match race sailing in the United States. CMRC provides a full-service facility, complete with TOM 28 and Elliott 6M class sailboats, umpire and support boats, as well as support staff for professional and amateur sailors to race and train. CMRC hosts several events ranging from regional championships to the Chicago Match Cup, the only U.S. stop on the Alpari World Match Racing Tour. For more information, photos, videos and results from events held at CMRC, please visit
Tall Ships® Chicago 2013
at Navy Pier: The breathtaking sight of numerous Tall Ships sailing on Chicago's Lake Michigan is a not-to-be-missed event. This armada is a festive and educational celebration and exploration of Chicago's rich maritime heritage! There is so much excitement and maritime entertainment on the lake and land at Navy Pier…you don't want to miss it! For more information regarding Tall Ships 2013 and other Navy Pier events, please visit