PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz On Demand, The Hertz Corporation's (NYSE: HTZ) global hourly car rental program announced the addition of a Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle to the University of Connecticut's car sharing program today.
"As Hertz On Demand continues to expand globally, we are also expanding our rental car options," said Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Hertz Corporation. "College students are the most tech and environmentally savvy and we want to provide them with the options to experience everything that's 'new' through Hertz On Demand from the way they book their car to the vehicle they choose to drive."The Chevrolet Volt at the University of Connecticut will be available in the new Storrs Center parking garage in partnership with the Town of Mansfield, Connecticut. In addition, the Storrs Center garage offers four EV charging stations for the Hertz on Demand vehicle and for the general public. "As we have been doing for bicycle and bus transportation, the Town is committed to providing the infrastructure for alternative and energy saving transportation modes," said Lon Hultgren, Mansfield Director of Public Works. "We are developing choices for residents and commuters to move themselves and others in and about Mansfield. I think that all these facilities should be of great value to the community." The University of Connecticut launched Hertz On Demand in October 2011 with four vehicles. Today, the University has over 800 members enrolled in the program, and will have six vehicles with the addition of the Chevrolet Volt. "Working with the Town and Hertz On Demand has been among the major positive initiatives UConn is taking to bring energy saving modes of transportation to the quaintness of Storrs," said Janet Freniere, Manager of Transportation Services, University of Connecticut. The Hertz On Demand pay-as-you-go service, with no annual fees, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles at the University of Connecticut and in the Town of Mansfield. Hertz On Demand offers members a range of cars – from an electric vehicle to compacts, sedans and SUVs. Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership with enhanced member benefits including:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly or daily rates starting as low as $6.50/hour.
- New rental fleet options include the Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima, Jeep Patriot, Ford Fiesta, Fiat 500 and Chevy Volt.
- 180 miles a day, gas and insurance included in rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
- Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV