Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is taking on heart disease this February by offering customers basic healthy lifestyle support backed by expert pharmacist counseling and 12-page, full-color Heart Health guides available for free online and at pharmacy counters. While in stores, customers can also easily support the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women ® movement with the purchase of a red dress paper pin up.
As the No. 1 killer of women nationwide, cardiovascular disease affects more than one in three adults. But the story doesn't have to end there—the American Heart Association (AHA) estimates that 80 percent of heart disease and stroke cases can be prevented. Rite Aid is proud to again be a national supporter of the Go Red For Women ® movement, now celebrating its 10th year of encouraging public awareness of heart disease in women and promoting life-saving actions.
"In many cases, the path to a healthier heart begins with just a few simple lifestyle changes," said Robert Thompson, Rite Aid's executive vice president of pharmacy. "Rite Aid's free 12-page Heart Health guide was developed with the American Heart Association and is a great first step on the path to better heart health. With the help and support of Rite Aid pharmacists, our customers can commit to and achieve their heart health goals all year long."
As one of the most accessible health care providers, Rite Aid pharmacists are available to counsel on prescription and over-the-counter medications any time of night or day. Rite Aid pharmacists often counsel on heart health topics including how vitamins and supplements such as fish oil can promote heart health.To encourage customers to get heart healthy, Rite Aid pharmacists have the tools they need including:
- Free 12-page, full-color Heart Health guides – Available at Rite Aid pharmacy counters nationwide in February and beyond, these guides were developed with the American Heart Association to help customers learn the risks of heart disease, take control of these risks and overcome obstacles to decreasing those risks by making healthy lifestyle changes. The guide is also online all year long along with heart healthy tools at www.riteaid.com/heart.
- Free Rite Care Prescription Advisor Reports – Available all year long to Rite Aid patients interested in seeing how well they're doing taking prescribed medications that must be taken on a regular basis. These personalized reports help patients better understand and improve their medication compliance.
- Free blood pressure readings – Customers can ask any Rite Aid pharmacist for a complimentary reading and help understanding their results. Pharmacists can also recommend a good home blood pressure monitoring device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV