Bank of America today announces the 2013 Museums on Us program roster featuring many of America’s favorite arts, cultural and historical institutions. From large metropolitan cities including Los Angeles, Calif. to local towns such as Windsor Locks, Conn., Museums on Us provides a cultural benefit to cardholders nationwide. Museums on Us offers Bank of America and Merrill Lynch debit and credit cardholders free admission to more than 150 of the most prominent cultural venues across 94 cities in 31 states on the first full weekend of every month.
“For 16 seasons, our customers have participated in Museums on Us throughout the nation at some of America’s finest cultural institutions,” said Rena DeSisto, Bank of America global arts and culture executive. “Our Museums on Us program is an important part of the diverse portfolio of our cultural support, which is designed to engage local communities, individuals and organizations.”
Bank of America partners with an array of institutions including museums, science centers, botanical gardens and aquariums. New institutional partners include MIT Museum in Cambridge, Mass., Portland Children’s Museum in Portland, Ore., Orlando Science Center in Orlando, Fla., and the San Antonio Museum of Art in San Antonio, Texas (full list below). Notable institutions such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, N.Y., Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) in Calif., The Art Institute of Chicago in Ill., and the Houston Zoo in Texas continue to participate in the program.
2013 Museum roster additions:
- AMOA-Arthouse – Austin, Texas
- Austin Children’s Museum – Austin, Texas
- Children’s Museum of Virginia – Portsmouth, Va.
- El Museo del Barrio – New York, N.Y.
- Fuller Craft Museum – Brockton, Mass.
- McNay Art Museum – San Antonio, Texas
- MIT Museum – Cambridge, Mass.
- Museum of Russian Icons – Clinton, Mass.
- New England Air Museum – Windsor Locks, Conn.
- Orlando Science Center – Orlando, Fla.
- Portland Children’s Museum – Portland, Ore.
- Provincetown Art Association and Museum – Provincetown, Mass.
- Queens Museum of Art – New York, N.Y.
- San Antonio Museum of Art – San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio Children’s Museum – San Antonio, Texas
- The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk – Norwalk, Conn.
- Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience – Seattle, Wash.
- Witte Museum – San Antonio, Texas
“At El Museo, we are always aiming to expand our audience base and increase the exposure of the diverse cultural heritage of Latino, Latin American and Caribbean art,” said Director of El Museo de Barrio Margarita Aguilar. “Participating in Museums on Us will help us drive admissions and encourage new members of our community to visit our permanent collection and many exhibitions.”