PLEASANTON, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) have teamed up to provide Safeway shoppers a new way to save at the pump. Safeway shoppers and ExxonMobil customers can now earn Reward Points for most products purchased at Safeway stores in the Mid-Atlantic region and redeem their Reward Points at participating Exxon or Mobil locations. This new loyalty program will help maximize the value and savings provided to Safeway and ExxonMobil customers through the combination of convenience and rewards.
According to a recent Safeway survey 1, one-third of families go out of their way to look for deals because saving money is important to them. Nearly three out of four people will drive out of their way to purchase more affordable gas, and 76 percent of consumers said they would change where they grocery shop and purchase gas to save money. With more than a quarter of consumers spending up to $175 on gas and up to $300 on groceries each month, saving money is important."Safeway listens to its shoppers, and we understand the importance of stretching grocery dollars," said Mir Aamir, president of Customer Loyalty and Digital Technologies at Safeway. "By teaming up with ExxonMobil, we're able to thank our customers with a loyalty program that makes two frequent and critical purchases lead to real savings." "As one of the largest grocery retailers in North America, Safeway is an ideal partner, allowing us to reach consumers with a compelling new loyalty offering in the markets and cities where we both have a strong brand presence," said Simon Smith, Americas Retail Director, ExxonMobil Fuels, Lubricants and Specialties Marketing Company. "Through this program, consumers can achieve meaningful savings on their gas and diesel purchases simply by shopping at Safeway." Reward Points are easy to earn by purchasing groceries, qualifying gift cards and pharmacy items with a Safeway Club Card and are easy to redeem at participating Exxon and Mobil locations. For every 100 points earned by shopping at Safeway with a Safeway Club Card, shoppers get a 10 cent per gallon Reward. Shoppers can use up to one dollar per gallon in Rewards on a single fill-up at a participating Exxon or Mobil location with a maximum of 25 gallons and a limit of one vehicle per transaction. Reward Points can be earned by shopping at Safeway stores in the following ways:
- Grocery shopping at Safeway stores rewards shoppers with one point per one dollar spent on eligible purchases.
- By purchasing qualifying gift cards, shoppers receive two points per one dollar spent.
- Every one dollar spent on eligible pharmacy items equals one Reward Point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV