SAN MATEO, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The new EMC® Greenplum® Data Computing Appliance (DCA) Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) Edition for Big Data analytics brings new flexibility in providing Greenplum's MPP database and Hadoop distribution in a single appliance. This greatly expands the analytics capabilities and solution flexibility for enterprises at a fraction of the total cost of ownership of competitive products from Oracle, IBM, HP or Teradata.
- Offers 70+ percent performance gains over the prior generation for data loading and scanning, and 100 percent performance increases for concurrent query workloads, maintaining Greenplum's standing as the industry's leading analytics performance for large, mixed workloads.
- New options for enterprise-reliable deployments include integration with EMC Isilon scale-out NAS storage for achieving enterprise-class data protection, availability and storage efficiency.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today enhanced the industry's first appliance-based unified Big Data analytics offering, the EMC ® Greenplum ® Data Computing Appliance (DCA), with a redesign of its analytics-optimized, scalable systems that are used for statistical analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning. Exploding data volumes, new data types and ever-growing competitive challenges have led to radical changes in analytical technologies and a new approach to exploiting data. Decades-old legacy architectures for data management and analytics are inherently unfit for scaling today's Big Data volumes. The combination of burgeoning amounts of data, broad diversity in type and structure, and the need for complex mathematics to unlock value from data have overwhelmed traditional architectures and led to emergence of a new class of analytical platforms.To address these priorities, the new EMC ® Greenplum ® Data Computing Appliance (DCA) Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) Edition analytics appliance enables analysis of both structured and unstructured data together within a single integrated appliance. The new DCA integrates Greenplum Databases for analytics-optimized SQL, Greenplum HD for Hadoop-based processing and Greenplum partner business intelligence, ETL, and analtyics applications within a single appliance. The integrated solution greatly expands the system's analtyics capabilities and solution flexibility at a fraction of the total cost of ownership of competitive "product portfolio" strategies from Oracle, IBM or Teradata. Industry-Leading Price/Performance The new DCA offers the power of a massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture, while delivering the fastest data-loading rate and the best price/performance ratio in the industry—without the complexity and constraints of proprietary hardware. It delivers 70+ percent performance gains over the prior generation for data loading and scanning, and 100 percent performance increases for concurrent query workloads, maintaining Greenplum's standing as the industry's leading analytics performance for large, mixed workloads. Enterprises can grow their DCAs as their demand for processing capacity grows or as their analytics requirement evolves.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts