LOS ANGELES, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Foods Co is pleased to announce that it is raising funds to support UC Davis Children's Hospital and UC San Francisco Children's Hospital.
Foods Co customers and associates can support the two children's hospitals through the supermarket chain's nonprofit arm, The Foods Co Fund, by donating their spare change in collection canisters located at the checkstands in their neighborhood Foods Co store. The children's hospital fund-raising campaign runs through May 25, 2013.
"Foods Co believes strongly in giving back to the community," said Bryan Kaltenbach, President of Foods Co. "We're pleased to extend our commitment to support the children's hospitals at UC Davis and UC San Francisco. We cannot think of a better way to invest in our communities than by giving families and children hope through our support of the innovative work these hospitals are doing to provide world-class medical care for children."
Since 2005, Foods Co and its sister company, Southern California-based Food 4 Less, have given more than $1 million to children's hospitals in California.About Foods Co:Foods Co is a member of the Southern California-based Food 4 Less Stores family of supermarkets. Food 4 Less operates 146 price-impact, warehouse-format supermarkets under the banners Food 4 Less in Southern California Nevada, Illinois and Indiana, and Foods Co in Central and Northern California, from its headquarters in Compton, CA. Food 4 Less is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE:KR), one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information about Food 4 Less, please visit our website at www.food4less.com. SOURCE Foods Co
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV