NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Facebook (FB) reports fourth-quarter results after Wednesday's closing bell, and all eyes will be on whether the company can continue the trend of making money from mobile or if that was just a one-time event.
Last quarter, Facebook surprised Wall Street analysts and journalists, as it generated significant revenue from its mobile efforts, which was a big question mark going into the quarter.
Since those results in late October, Facebook shares have been on a tear, gaining nearly 60%. They have drastically outperformed the Nasdaq, which is up just 4.53% in the same time frame.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV