Caterpillar (CAT) ($98.60) beat EPS estimates after adjustments. CAT is well below its February 2012 high set at $116.95 and is well above its July 2012 low set at $78.25. The stock still has a buy rating with a quarterly value level at $92.77, annual pivots at $96.43 and $97.63, a weekly risky level at $99.11 and semiannual risky level at $111.99.
D R Horton (DHI) ($23.82) beat EPS estimates by six cents earning 20 cents per share. The stock has been downgraded to hold from buy this morning after setting a new multi-year high at $24.03 in reaction to its earnings report. My semiannual value level is $20.50 and monthly pivot at $21.92 and no risky levels.
Ryland Group (RYL) ($41.31) beat EPS estimates by six cents after the close on Tuesday earning 56 cents per share. RYL has a hold rating and was trading around $42.75 in after-hours trading. My monthly value level is $37.26 with a weekly pivot at $41.07 and no risky levels.
Pfizer (PFE) ($27.70) beat EPS estimates by three cents earning 47 cents per share. PFE still has a buy rating and set a new multi-year high at $27.84 on Tuesday in reaction to its earnings report. My monthly value level is $25.47 with weekly and quarterly pivots at $26.92 and $27.13 and no risky levels.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV