HERNDON, Va., Jan. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ePlus inc. (Nasdaq:PLUS) today announced today it has successfully completed the Type 2 SSAE 16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements) examination for its Managed Services Center, issued by an independent service audit firm. The Type 2 SSAE 16 examination (or SOC 1), which supersedes the SAS 70 audit standard, was performed in accordance with the standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
The ePlus SSAE 16 report found that both the design and operating effectiveness of certain controls supporting ePlus' Managed Services Center provided "reasonable assurance" that the specified control objectives were achieved during the specific period of the examination.
"The SSAE 16 report for our Managed Services Center validates our on-going commitment to ensure the highest quality of service delivery to customers in managing their cloud infrastructure, networks, storage, servers, security, and unified communications and video solutions," said Dan Farrell, vice president of national services for ePlus Technology. "The findings support other third-party audits ePlus has completed related to our Managed Services offering, including Cisco Cloud and Managed Services Master Certification (with Cisco Powered Managed Services designation in Unified Threat Management). We look forward to continuing to enable customers to optimize operations, manage risk, and reduce costs."The ePlus SSAE 16 report includes the service auditor's opinion that:
- The description provided by ePlus fairly presents the Managed Services Center system that was designed and implemented throughout the period of January 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012.
- The controls related to the control objectives stated in the description were suitably designed to provide reasonable assurance that the control objectives would be achieved if the controls operated effectively throughout the period of January 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012, and user entities applied the complementary user entity controls contemplated in the design of ePlus' controls throughout the period of January 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012.
- The controls tested, which together with the complementary user entity controls referred to in the scope paragraph of this report, if operating effectively, were those necessary to provide reasonable assurance that the control objectives stated in the description were achieved, operated effectively throughout the period of January 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012.
CONTACT: Kleyton Parkhurst, SVP ePlus inc. kparkhurst@ePlus.com 703-984-8150
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV