What’s New at the Gallery WalkAn array of new products, others with expanded capabilities, and experiments were announced at the Gallery Walk. These new offerings illustrate the success of Intuit’s connected services strategy, which is based on delivering awesome product experiences, enabling the contributions of others, and harnessing the power of data to create delight. These included:
- TurboTax CPA Select – Gives taxpayers a secure and convenient online tool to help them review and select a qualified Certified Public Accountant from the convenience of their home computer, tablet or smartphone. Consumers and small businesses frustrated with the tax store experience of long lines and uncertainty about the preparer’s qualifications, can select a CPA to do their taxes based on qualifications, customer reviews and practice areas, and know the final price they will pay for the service before work begins.
- Mint Home and Business – Simplifies financial management for personal business owners who comingle personal and professional spending and income. Expected to be available later this year, Mint Home and Business makes it simple to manage finances and track expenses in one place.
- GoPatient – Provides a secure and easy way for patients to make appointments, refill prescriptions, view lab results, access health information, contact their doctor and pay their bill. Showcased by Intuit Health, GoPatient is a mobile companion app for participating doctors’ patient portals.
- GoPayment – Adds a new optical character recognition scanning capability, letting small businesses accept credit and debit card payments on a smartphone – without swiping the plastic. Enables hassle-free, safe and secure payments. The new system is available for download on iOS devices.
- Generation Demandforce – Provides customers of Intuit's Demandforce automated marketing and communications tools with an online community that they can access anytime, anywhere. This lets them connect and share unique insights with thousands of other small business marketers.
- QuickBooks Online – Gives small businesses from Australia to Zimbabwe an easy way to create localized invoices, pay bills and track expenses in their own language. A just-released beta feature adds more than 40 languages to the product, enabling more customers to use it in their home language.
- Mobile Money – Lets people pay for purchases by simply tapping their phone against a merchant’s terminal. Using near-field communications and the user’s mobile banking app, Mobile Money automatically withdraws the purchase amount from the customer’s account. Mobile Money is being tested by Intuit’s financial services division that serves banks.
- Data Connections – Looking ahead, Intuit is exploring new and meaningful ways to create connections between its 60 million customers and help them thrive. In the past year, more than 1.2 million Mint users did business with nearly 70,000 QuickBooks Online customers, resulting in 3.3 million transactions.