SAN DIEGO, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Websense, Inc., (NASDAQ: WBSN) a global leader in protecting organizations from the latest cyber attacks and data theft, announced today that Gartner Inc. has positioned Websense as a leader in its " Magic Quadrant for Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention (DLP)" for the sixth consecutive year.* The company advanced in the "ability to execute" category between the 2011 and 2013 reports.
"I strongly recommend the Websense ® TRITON™ solution to any CISO who wants to sleep at night," said Mark Jackson, information security officer, Westamerica Bank. "We needed to reduce our risk of core intellectual property theft—and Websense is by far the best protection on the market. I chose Websense for its DLP accuracy, consistency and the responsiveness of their engineering team. We went from being tactical to strategic, which has improved operations and positively influenced the bottom-line."
Vendors in the Magic Quadrant are evaluated based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute. Gartner Inc. evaluated the Websense Data Security Suite, which is part of the Websense TRITON architecture. TRITON unifies all the key components of threat protection and data theft prevention into a cohesive content security system. It brings together web security, email security, mobile security and DLP defenses with unified security intelligence and a unified management console.
"Our customers have proven that you can quickly deploy an accurate data theft and loss prevention system that goes beyond monitoring to significantly reduce risk," said John McCormack, Websense CEO. "We are very proud that Gartner has positioned Websense in the leaders quadrant for data loss prevention for six consecutive years. We believe our continued deployment successes and innovations resulted in a jump in execution between 2011 and 2013—and we can prove our effectiveness."Websense Data Security Suite secures essential corporate information by providing visibility and deep context into what data is confidential, where it's stored, how it is transmitted, and who is using it. Organizations can stop, encrypt and quarantine sensitive data transmission, while securing data discovered in non-secure locations. Features include:
- Full context DLP policy engine throughout the TRITON architecture for described data (dictionaries, file types, regex, natural language processing); learned data (machine learning); and registered data (fingerprinting).
- More than 1,700 pre-defined policies and templates by region and industry, including data theft policies.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) of text within images for discovery, monitoring and prevention.
- Slow data leak detection over cumulative events (Drip DLP).
- Workflow through email notifications, which allows administrators to manage incidents by replying to email notifications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts