The iconic Canadian brand teams up with comedic legend Martin Short in new ad!
TORONTO, Jan. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - On Super Bowl Sunday, Canadians will be filling chip bowls with their favourite Lay's potato chip flavours - including Ketchup, Dill Pickle and Bar•B•Q - while they enjoy the show with family and friends. This year the Lay's brand is going beyond the bowl during the Super Bowl halftime show with a unique and fun new TV advertisement. In an exclusively Canadian commercial starring Martin Short, one of Canada's comedic legends, the brand is revealing an exciting Lay's contest for 2013.
"The Lay's brand is always looking for new ways to engage with Canadians," says Susan Irving, director of marketing, PepsiCo Foods Canada. "The ad launching on Sunday will be the start of an exciting and new interactive program for Lay's chip lovers all across Canada. While we can't give away too many details yet, be sure to tune into the game and stick around for the Super Bowl's infamous halftime show!"
In the ad, Martin Short is in his element, playing not only his funny self, but also a variety of humorous, quirky characters conceived by Martin and the Lay's team." Martin Short has been an incredible partner throughout this process," says Irving. "His natural creativity and energy have fuelled an ad that we think will get Canadians thinking about flavour, and excited for what's coming for the Lay's brand in 2013." The Lay's Super Bowl TV commercial will premiere Sunday during the Super Bowl half time show. The spot will then hit airwaves nationally in the weeks following.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV