- Net interest revenue totaled $173.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $176.0 million for the third quarter of 2012. Net interest margin was 2.95% for the fourth quarter of 2012 and 3.12% for the third quarter of 2012. Securities portfolio yield continued to decline as cash flows were reinvested at lower rates.
- Fees and commissions revenue totaled $165.8 million, largely unchanged compared to the third quarter of 2012. Mortgage banking revenue decreased $3.9 million compared to the prior quarter primarily due to seasonal decreases in mortgage commitments and mortgage loans held for sale. Trust fees and commission revenue increased $2.4 million over the prior quarter. All other revenue sources were up $1.3 million over the prior quarter.
- Operating expenses, excluding changes in the fair value of mortgage servicing rights, totaled $226.8 million, up $14.0 million over the previous quarter. Personnel expense increased $8.4 million. Non-personnel expense increased $5.6 million.
- A $14.0 million negative provision for credit losses was recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012. Improving charge-off trends resulted in lower estimated loss rates. Most economic factors are stable or improving in our primary markets. No provision for credit losses was recorded in the third quarter of 2012. Net charge-offs totaled $4.3 million or 0.14% of average loans on an annualized basis in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to net charge-offs of $5.7 million or 0.19% of average loans on an annualized basis in the third quarter of 2012. Gross charge-offs continue to decline, down $921 thousand from the previous quarter.
- The combined allowance for credit losses totaled $217 million or 1.77% of outstanding loans at December 31, 2012 compared to $236 million or 1.99% of outstanding loans at September 30, 2012. Nonperforming assets totaled $277 million or 2.23% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at December 31, 2012 and $264 million or 2.21% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at September 30, 2012. Nonperforming assets increased $31 million due to the implementation of recent regulatory guidance concerning borrowers who have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Excluding the impact of this new guidance, nonperforming assets decreased $19 million during the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Outstanding loan balances were $12.3 billion at December 31, 2012, up $479 million over the prior quarter. Commercial loan balances grew by $351 million or 19% on an annualized basis over September 30, 2012. Commercial real estate loans grew by $68 million, residential mortgage loans grew by $32 million and consumer loans grew by $28 million.
- Period end deposits totaled $21.2 billion at December 31, 2012 compared to $19.1 billion at September 30, 2012. Demand deposit accounts increased $1.2 billion and interest-bearing transaction accounts increased $885 million, partially offset by a $54 million decrease in time deposits.
- Tangible common equity ratio was 9.25% at December 31, 2012 and 9.67% at September 30, 2012. The tangible common equity ratio is a non-GAAP measure of capital strength used by the Company and investors based on shareholders' equity minus intangible assets and equity that does not benefit common shareholders. The Company and its subsidiary bank continue to exceed the regulatory definition of well capitalized. The Company's Tier 1 capital ratios, as defined by banking regulations, were 12.78% at December 31, 2012 and 13.21% at September 30, 2012.
- The Company paid a regular quarterly cash dividend of $26 million or $0.38 per common share and a special cash dividend of $68 million or $1.00 per common share during the fourth quarter of 2012. On January 29, 2013, the board of directors approved a quarterly cash dividend of $0.38 per common share payable on or about March 1, 2013 to shareholders of record as of February 15, 2013.
BOK Financial Reports Record Earnings Of $351 Million For 2012 Fourth Quarter Earnings Total $83 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts